Founded in 1966, the Johannes Kepler University (JKU) is one of Austria's newer universities. This gives the JKU a unique opportunity to pursue innovative paths and many important areas of research began here in Austria - even Europe - such as degree programs in mechatronics, computer science and even marketing. The new JKU Science Park is a state-of-the-art teaching and research facility that will take students to the next level.
With 20,000 students and approx. 3,000 employees, more than 60 fields of study and 127 institutes, which are run by 130 professors, the JKU is Upper Austria's largest educational and research institution. There are four faculties:
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics & Business (founded 1966)
- Faculty of Law (founded 1975)
- Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences (founded 1969)
- Faculty of Medicine (founded 2014)
and 3 Schools:
- Linz Institute of Technology (LIT, founded 2015)
- Linz School of Education (SoE, founded 2016)
- Business School (BUS, founded 2019)
Upper Austria is one of Austria's strongest economic states. A center of industry that is the perfect place for students as exports produced here annually are worth billions. The advantageous conditions facilitate numerous research projects in cooperation with industrial partners.